Keep your food photos looking fresh with these ‘berry’ useful techniques.
In this series of food photography classes, Karl teamed up with food photographer Anna Pustynnikova. Together they demonstrate essential preparation, styling and lighting techniques for eye-catching food photography.
Simplicity is key in this seemingly chaotic scene. Anna uses an assortment of fresh berries to create a beautiful, eye-catching image using just one studio light. She explains the preparation and styling required for this shot while Karl demonstrates a number of alternative lighting techniques that could be used to enhance the shot.
In this class:
- Product Photography: Food Photography
- How to store and prepare fresh berries for food photography
- Useful equipment for food styling
- Testing and selecting suitable backdrops and props
- Using color to enhance an image
- Suggested lighting modifiers for food photography
- Depth of field selection
- Alternative lighting setups
- Emulating natural light using studio lights
If you enjoyed this class, watch the replay of Anna’s LIVE food photography workshop.