Learn how to stage, light and photograph high-end cosmetic products for a clean, fresh ad-style image.
Karl has been wanting to do a shoot like this for a long time. When he finally gives it a go, it’s every bit as interesting, challenging and rewarding as he hoped. In addition to perfecting the key and background lighting, he has his work cut out lighting the clear acrylic rods correctly. You’ll also see him using a scrim, white foam-board reflectors, and a glue gun – not to mention a straw to blow bubbles! He even tries some splash techniques for good measure.
The creativity and precision on display in this class will inspire and equip you to push your product photography to the next level. Once you’ve watched this video, head to Chanel Soap and Bubbles | Post-Production to follow Karl step by step through his editing and retouching process.
In this class:
- Styling cosmetic products for photography
- Lighting setups for cosmetics photography
- How to use a scrim for product photography
- How to use multiple studio lights
- Perfect white background lighting techniques
- Using reflectors in product photography
- Using acrylic rods in product photography
It may also be useful to watch Helpful Studio Kit for Product Photography before tackling a shoot like this one.
Questions or comments? Please post them below.