Before getting his camera out at a potential landscape location, Karl spends some time identifying the best possible areas to photograph.
In this photography class, Karl explains exactly what he looks for in a location and the elements that make a strong composition. You’ll learn how interesting perspective and good framing are essential components for a good shot before Karl explains why it’s important to experiment with different camera settings to get the best image.
Working against a rising tide, he also explains which filters he uses and why it can be worth waiting a while after the sun has set.
This class also includes some bonus outtakes of the team’s incredible dolphin sighting.
In this class:
- Landscape photography: How to photograph a coastal sunset
- Landscape photography tips
- How to identify a good location for landscape photography
- Camera settings for landscape photography
- Using filters for landscape photography
- Experimenting with different shutter speeds for different effects
You can watch the post-production for this image in the next class.
Questions? Please post them in the comments section below.