Recreate this head-turning fashion image.
Follow this shoot from set-building and test shots through to the final finishing touches. Watch as Karl uses careful control of light to create an impression of moonlight through a doorway and adds a fantasy-like, dappled light effect to really enhance the mood of the image.
A strong idea is central to a good image, but sometimes the final picture doesn’t quite match what we set out to achieve. But that isn’t necessarily a bad thing. In this class, Karl clearly shows the importance of thinking on your feet when he takes his idea of creating a mysterious, ethereal scene and turns it into something far more sinister. Together with a team of stylists, assistants and model Kariss Craig, he uses careful control of light to create an image filled with drama and emotion.
In this class:
- Set creation from start to finish
- How to make efficient use of time
- The development and evolution of an idea
- The importance of creative direction
- Creative lighting effects
- How to work with and balance multiple lights
- How to use subtle lighting to best effect
- How to achieve feathered lighting
- The emotion of light
- Using simple props to enhance your shot
Questions? Please post them in the comments section below.