Step inside for some top tips on capturing indoor portraits using natural light.
Photographing with natural light doesn’t mean you’re limited to working outside. In this portrait photography class, Karl demonstrates a different type of natural light photography – natural light photography indoors.
One of the key things to consider when working inside is your location. Big windows are your friend but too much light can actually be a bad thing. It’s important to study the location and understand the potential benefits or problems that the room you’re working in provides.
This natural light photography example shows an at-home indoor shoot. Karl explains a number of important factors to consider, as well as how to make the most of and control available light.
In this class:
- Portrait photography using natural light
- Natural light photography indoors
- How to create soft light for portraits
- Using reflectors and negative fill to control shadows
- Useful accessories and equipment for indoor photography
- How to soften harsh sunlight
Questions? Please post them in the comments section below.