Karl photographs a diamond necklace for the second class in our series of jewellery photos shoots.
Using a simple lighting setup, Karl demonstrates how to light shiny metal surfaces and highlight important details in precious gems such as diamonds. Using one bare bulb, Karl shows you how to make use of reflectors to create a soft wraparound light, a technique that was key to achieving this stunning image.
You’ll be able to follow each step as Karl tests his individual lights, experimenting with lighting ratios and positions before reaching the final shot. You’ll also learn a few simple tricks that will help you make products such as diamonds truly sparkle.
In this class:
- Product photography: How to photograph jewellery
- Jewellery photography tips
- How to photograph shiny metal surfaces
- How to create soft wraparound light
- Using reflectors for product photography
- Selecting backgrounds and props for jewellery photography
Questions? Please post them in the comments section below.
© Karl Taylor