This beautiful blue gemstone necklace photography class is the first in a series of jewellery photo shoots.
This class provides a detailed explanation of the entire process, from selecting and creating backgrounds to testing lights and adding interesting props. Karl also explains a few common mistakes when it comes to jewellery photography and how you can overcome these.
Using just three lights, he combines a graduated ambient light with a few extra light sources to make the gems sparkle. He then experiments by adding small black stones for a more interesting final shot.
In this class:
- Product photography: How to photograph jewellery
- Jewellery photography tips
- Common mistakes when photographing jewellery
- Lens choices for jewellery photography
- Studio lighting setups for jewellery photography
- How to make jewellery sparkle
- How to photograph juxtaposing textures
Questions? Please post them in the comments section below.