In this live show, Karl took a slightly different angle on cosmetics photography as he demonstrated how to photograph creative makeup swirls and sweeps — something you often see in magazines and online adverts.
Working with his assistant Georgie, the pair demonstrated the start-to-finish process of creating and photographing cosmetic swatches using just a one-light setup.
Georgie covered exactly how to create eye-catching designs, what tools to use, and creative techniques to get the best results while Karl focussed on the technical elements of the shot such as lens choice, camera settings, and lighting.
Throughout this show, you’ll learn how to photograph close-up shots without using a macro lens, what backgrounds to use for cosmetic photography, how to control reflections, and how to create and control gradient lighting.
Topics covered in this show include:
- How to photograph cosmetic swatches
- How to create cosmetic swirls and sweeps
- Tools & techniques for creative results
- One-light setups for product photography
- Using reflectors to control light
- How to create gradient lighting
- How to control reflections in glossy products
If you have any questions about this show, please post in the comment section below.