David is one of Karl’s Taylor Education’s most well-known success stories, having given up a successful career in design and made the switch to photography just a couple of years ago.
Off the back of a great live workshop, David joins Karl in the studio to talk about his experiences working with companies such as Grants Whisky, Shell Oil, British Steel and Rolls Royce. David also sheds some light on some of the tougher aspects of working in the industry, how he achieves his trademark liquid images, and his humbling experiences working with charities in Africa.
In this talk show:
- Ethically photographing and representing products
- The importance of being multi-skilled
- The value of pre-shooting
- Problem-solving and creative solutions
- Building the final image from composites
- Pricing your work
- CGI and the future of photography