In this members’ image critique, Karl reviews photos submitted by members, focussing on good and bad post-production practices and the retouching techniques used in each.
As Karl works through the different submissions, he explains his approach to retouching and offers advice on problems such as smoothing out backgrounds, removing creases from material and how to control highlights and shadows. He also explains why less is more when it comes to retouching, and why burn and dodge are the most valuable tools for Photoshop retouching.
In this critique:
- Photoshop retouching and techniques
- Correcting colour in Photoshop
- Using the liquify tool in Photoshop
- How to achieve smooth backgrounds in Photoshop
- How to remove creases in clothes in Photoshop
- How to control highlights and shadows
Questions? Please post them in comments section below.