As he continues to provide advice on how to run your own successful photography business, Karl takes a look at sets, props and problem solving.
Here he talks about the importance of problem solving. This is a key factor in the business of photography as it means you can overcome the problems associated with that shoot and realise the concept. Problem solving helps with all aspects of photography, including set building and prop sourcing. Good props and sets are the supporting structure behind any successful image, which is what Karl also discusses here.
He explores a number of his images, looking at the problems he faced for each and how he overcame them. He also looks at the different sets he’s created and props he’s used throughout his career and explains how he achieved them.
In this class:
- Understanding problem solving as a key skill for photography
- How to identify and solve problems in a shoot
- Why sets and props are important for creating mood
- Different sets for different shoots
- Outside services that can help you overcome challenges for a shoot
Questions? Please post them in the comments section below.