Shooting curved, reflective objects is a complicated task! Retaining that metallic feeling while avoiding unsightly reflections can be a real challenge.
In this class, Karl demonstrates a simple DIY lighting-equipment solution that you can easily make yourself. Follow his step-by-step workflow and discover how he builds up his lighting to maintain that lovely metallic look on the subject while controlling and removing unwanted reflections in the metalwork.
In this class:
- How to photograph reflective objects
- Techniques for controlling reflections on shiny objects
- Lighting setups for product photography on a white background
- How to balance multiple lights
- How to control light by adjusting the distance from the subjects
To see Karl’s retouching process for this shot, check out Shiny Chrome Kettle | Post-Production.
Questions? Please post them in the comments section below.
© Karl Taylor