This studio lighting tutorial is all about achieving a fresh, vibrant and eye-catching final result. Using four studio lights, Karl shows you how to achieve this stunning result, which is ideal for catalogue and fashion images (or even just an interesting portrait).
Opting to incorporate some movement into this set, Karl explains how to freeze movement with studio flash and the importance of flash duration when it comes to effectively capturing movement.
The final image is shot using four lights, but Karl also shows you how this can easily be simplified to an effective three-light setup.
In this class:
- Studio photography: How to shoot portrait images
- How to shoot creative portraiture using four lights
- Studio lighting setups for catalogue shots
- Studio lighting setups for full length photos
- Flash duration: How to freeze movement with studio flash
If you enjoy this class, you may find it helpful to watch Understanding Flash Duration.
Questions? Please post them in the comments section below.