From film cameras to curved sensors, there have been some dramatic advancements in photography over the years.
In this magazine-style chat show, Karl and Ashleigh sit down to tackle the hot topic of the future of cameras and photography.
Together they look back at where we’ve come from before focusing on where we’re going, looking at recent technological advancements (and failures) and weighing in on the mirrorless vs DSLR debate, discussing what impact mirrorless technology is having on the market, and speculating about what the world of photography may look like in the future.
Topics covered in this show include:
- A brief history of cameras
- Fundamental principles of photography
- Notable technological advancements in photography
- Mirrorless vs DSLR - Where the market is going
- Technology vs knowledge
- Curve One to bring curved sensors to market
- This is Sony’s new curved sensor
- Canon curved, self-bending sensor patent (plus curved sensor advantages and benefits)
- Curve One | The CNRS at VivaTech
- The future of light field cameras and how they work
- Canon's ISO 4 million multi-purpose camera was used to record fluorescent life in the Amazon
- Sony α1
If you’d like to add to the conversation or have any questions about this show, please post in the comment section below.