In this post-production class, Karl walks you through his editing and retouching process as he works on the RAW files he captured in White Blocks Fashion Shoot.
As Karl moves from Phocus to Photoshop, you’ll learn how to use highlight control and layer masks to manage instances of over-exposure.
You’ll also see Karl use the Healing Brush and Clone Stamp tool as he addresses imperfections in the floor, background, blocks, and more.
As he works on the model’s face, hands and legs, Karl demonstrates precise burning and dodging. He shows you how to use a solarized layer, plus how to adjust hue saturation to create a ‘visual aid’ layer.
You’ll cover colouration, unsharp masks, using low and high frequency layers, how to experiment with hue and colour blend modes, plus many other tools and techniques.
By the end of the class, Karl has created a stunning final image, and you will have picked up a host of useful tips to help you improve your own post-production work.
In this class:
- Photoshop techniques for fashion photography
- Fashion photography retouching
- Using the Healing Brush in Photoshop
- Using the Clone Stamp tool in Photoshop
- Burning and dodging in Photoshop
- Using layer masks in Photoshop
- Using the Liquify filter in Photoshop
- Adding noise and Gaussian blur in Photoshop
Questions? Please post them in the comments section below.
© Karl Taylor