Photography Challenge - Week 18
30 April - 6 May
Our ongoing weekly photography challenges are a great way to develop your photography skills, learn new techniques and test your creativity. We’ve got 52 weeks of photography challenges to help inspire you. Each topic is designed to be achievable whether you’re shooting at home or in a studio, use natural light or studio lights, have years of experience or just a few months. We started posting weekly challenges more than a year ago and they’ve been so popular we thought we’d continue to run them if you want to try something new or catch up on any that you missed. You can view the full list of challenges here.
This week's challenge is...
This week’s challenge is all about portraiture, specifically moody portraiture. Mood and emotion will be key, and we have some great classes covering the concept of emotion in photography as well as portrait lighting setup ideas.
Remember to carefully consider your background and lighting when creating the images, and of course the expression of your model. You’ll find more information to help guide you and offer inspiration in the recommended classes below.
- Please rename your image file using your first and last name (e.g. Karl Taylor.jpg).
- Only images uploaded using the form below will appear in the gallery.
- Please upload no more than one image.
- Uploaded images should be 3000px on the longest side.
- Images can be posted in our members' Facebook group, but will not appear in the gallery unless also uploaded via this form.