Photography Challenge - Week 33
13 August - 19 August
Our weekly photography challenges are designed to encourage you to try new things learn and grow as a photographer. We’ve got 52 challenges to help inspire you – view the full list of challenges here.
This week's challenge is...
This week’s challenge is all about beauty, specifically beauty portraits. Beauty portraits are, traditionally, close up portraits, with the makeup and styling of these images varying from subtle, natural makeup to more bold, creative styles.
This week we’re looking forward to seeing how far you take your creativity — will you be daring with the makeup, or more subtle? What lighting will you use — hard, traditional lighting, or softer, more feminine lighting?
Retouching will also be an important consideration for this week. The harder lighting that is typically used for beauty photography will more than likely result in any blemish being highlighted, so some skin retouching will be required.
This week’s challenge provides a great opportunity to learn how to photograph beauty portraits (this type of photography, although more artistic, can also be used for commercial purposes), and practice your retouching skills too.
Below are a few classes that provide some creative ideas for beauty portraits and further inspiration.
- Please rename your image file using your first and last name (e.g. Karl Taylor.jpg).
- Only images uploaded using the form below will appear in the gallery.
- Please upload no more than one image.
- Uploaded images should be 3000px on the longest side.
- Images can be posted in our members' Facebook group, but will not appear in the gallery unless also uploaded via the form.