Photography Challenge - Week 45
4 November - 10 November
Are you looking for some photography ideas to test your skills and get your creativity flowing? We’ve got 52 weeks of photography challenges to help inspire you. You can view the full list of challenges here.
This week's challenge is...
From fashion magazine to e-commerce websites, images of cosmetic swirls and sweeps are everywhere.
Knowing how to shoot these images isn’t just good for your portfolio, it also provides an opportunity to practise and perfect some important photographic skills.
Controlling exposure levels to achieve pure white is just one of the challenges you’ll face this week (if you're shooting on white), along with creating the perfect swirl, achieving gradient lighting, and controlling reflections in glossy subjects.
The good news is that shooting these creative images is simpler than you might think. The key to all of it patience! Below is some recommended content that will help you with this week’s challenge.
- Please rename your image file using your first and last name (e.g. Karl Taylor.jpg).
- Only images uploaded using the form below will appear in the gallery.
- Please upload no more than one image.
- Uploaded images should be 3000px on the longest side.
- Images can be posted in our members' Facebook group, but will not appear in the gallery unless also uploaded via the form.