In this video, Karl explains five key things you should consider for e-commerce photography, whether you are a professional photographer working for a client or an online retailer looking to photograph your products in your own small e-commerce studio.
Shooting product and still life images is important for many businesses – there are many small online stores, Amazon resellers, Etsy shops or eBay stores all needing to display their products in the most favourable light. The techniques for achieving reproducible results are fairly straightforward and allow you to photograph batches of many similar sized products under the same conditions over and over again.
Concepts covered in this tutorial include:
- Preparation and planning for e-commerce shoots
- What equipment you need for e-commerce photography
- Lighting setups for e-commerce photography
- How to photograph e-commerce products
- Post-production and retouching e-commerce photography
Other related classes you may enjoy include:
- Live workshop – Packshot product photography
- How to use continuous LED lighting for packshot photography
To learn more about e-commerce photography, please read the full article on e-commerce photography. For more examples of how to photograph products and e-commerce, take a look at our full product photography course.