In this photography workshop, Karl undertakes a product shoot of a pair of headphones on a white background.
This technically challenging advertising-style shot presented a myriad of challenges, including positioning the product to find the best composition, creating a white background without introducing flare, lighting both matte and reflective surfaces, controlling shadows and balancing multiple lights.
Karl details the step-by-step process of creating this shot, explaining his creative decisions, how he plans to overcome each challenge and the lighting setup. He also shares the post-production work required to reach the final image so that members can see the complete start to finish process.
In this class:
- How to photograph a pair of headphones
- Photographing products on a white background
- How to light and photograph matte and reflective surfaces
- How to create gradient lighting
- Using ND and polarising gels for product photography
- Controlling shadows
Questions? Please post them in the comments section below.