Softly does it in this simple portrait setup.
In this portrait photography class, Karl and Urs explain how to create the softest light possible. Using a common modifier, they explain the importance of position, and demonstrate how to position your light for maximum effect. They also demonstrate common mistakes photographers make when using softboxes, and show how to correct these mistakes.
The pair also discuss how this setup would work in a smaller studio, before going on to create their own to demonstrate exactly how this setup would work and how simple changes to your studio can make a big difference.
In this class:
- Portrait photography using a single light
- How to achieve soft light using a large light source
- Common mistakes when using a softbox
- Camera lenses for portraiture photography
- The inverse square law
- How to photograph in a small studio
Questions? Please post them in the comments section below.