Capture the spirit of classic Hollywood glamour.
In this class, recorded LIVE, Karl shows you creative lighting styles and techniques that you can use to recreate glamorous, Hollywood-style black and white portrait photography.
Working through each step of the shoot, Karl explains his lighting setup, power ratios and lens choice for this image. Using a combination of seven lights, he also explains how to balance multiple lights and what alternatives you can use if you don’t have fresnels.
In this class:
- Portrait photography ideas
- Portrait photography black and white
- Portrait photography lighting
- Lighting modifiers for portrait photography — using fresnels for portraiture
- Controlling depth and direction of shadows
You can also watch part 2 of this workshop, where Karl demonstrates two more creative lighting setups.
Questions? Please use the comment section below.