Want to produce perfect portraits but don't have a studio full of gear? Make it happen with just two lights.
In this portrait photography class, recorded LIVE, you'll discover various simple-but-effective two-light setups for portraiture.
You’ll learn how to create beautiful portraits with minimal lights and basic modifiers, including softboxes, octaboxes and snoots.
You'll also learn how you can use white foam board, or a low white studio ceiling, to control your lighting.
Later in the class, you'll see Karl create a ‘box room’ within the studio, demonstrating how you can achieve surprisingly good portrait results with simple bare-bulb lighting.
In this class:
- Lighting techniques for portrait photography
- Portrait photography: female subject
- Two-light portraiture
- Black and white portraits
- Photography with softbox modifiers
- Photography with octabox modifiers
- Photography with snoot modifiers
- Understanding the inverse square law
- Why you don’t need a light meter
- Bouncing light off the studio ceiling
You may also like to explore our Two-Light Portraits section.
Questions? Please post them in the comments section below.