Photography Challenge - Week 10
5 March - 11 March
Are you looking for some photography ideas to test your skills and get your creativity flowing? We’ve got 52 weeks of photography challenges to help inspire you. You can view the full list of challenges here.
This week's challenge is...
As photographers, many of us prefer being behind the camera, which is why, for some of you, this week’s challenge may be the hardest one yet. But don’t be put off — this challenge will provide a great learning experience (and at the end of it you may even walk away with a great new photo for your website or social media!).
Before you start, think about what you want to say with your portrait. Do you want a realistic self portrait, or something more artistic and expressive? Perhaps a faceless portrait could even be an option?
Think about what background you’ll use, and whether you’ll need any props. What type of lighting will work best, and how will you style the shot? These are things you should have been thinking about for each our previous challenges, so it’s nothing new. But this week you’ll also face the challenge of focusing, lighting and posing — simple things that become a lot harder when you can’t see the image until you’ve shot it! So work carefully, be patient and try to think outside the box!
Below are a few classes that you might find useful for this week's challenge.
- Please rename your image file using your first and last name (e.g. Karl Taylor.jpg).
- Only images uploaded using the form below will appear in the gallery.
- Please upload no more than one image.
- Uploaded images should be 3000px on the longest side.
- Images can be posted in our members' Facebook group, but will not appear in the gallery unless also uploaded via the form.