Photography Challenge - Week 13
26 March - 1 April
Designed to help you develop your photography skills, our weekly challenges are a great way to practice important techniques, try something new and connect with other members also taking part. You can view the full list of challenges here.
This week's challenge is...
If you watch any of our product photography classes, you’ll soon see there are a few key considerations that will help you photograph cosmetics.
Background choice, lighting and styling are important aspects of any shoot, and cosmetics are no different. With this challenge, depth of field will be a further factor you’ll have to consider. Working close up to small products like cosmetics may mean you struggle with getting sufficient depth of field, which means you may have to consider focus stacking. Think about all of this before you start shooting — pre-visualise and plan your shot to maximise your chances of a smooth and successful shoot.
Below are a few recommended classes that you may find useful.
- Please rename your image file using your first and last name (e.g. Karl Taylor.jpg).
- Only images uploaded using the form below will appear in the gallery.
- Please upload no more than one image.
- Uploaded images should be 3000px on the longest side.
- Images can be posted in our members' Facebook group, but will not appear in the gallery unless also uploaded via the form.