Photography Challenge - Week 2
8 January - 14 January
Are you looking for some photography ideas to test your skills and get your creativity flowing? We’ve got 52 weeks of photography challenges to help inspire you. You can view the full list of challenges here.
This week's challenge is...
Food — it’s something we already create every day, be it a simple sandwich or a decadent dessert. This week, instead of simply cooking your meals, we’re challenging you to photograph them too! You don’t have to be a professional chef (of food stylist) to create mouthwatering food images. All it takes is some patience and care. Think about what you want to say with your images; narrative is incredibly important when it comes to food photography. Think about your composition, choice of backgrounds and props etc.
If you haven’t already watched our range of food photography classes, below are a few of our most popular classes, from natural light photography to still life shots of fresh fruit. You’ll find a range of professional tips that will greatly help you throughout this challenge. Good luck (and enjoy).
- Please rename your image file using your first and last name (e.g. Karl Taylor.jpg).
- Only images uploaded using the form below will appear in the gallery.
- Please upload no more than one image.
- Uploaded images should be 3000px on the longest side.
- Images can be posted in our members' Facebook group, but will not appear in the gallery unless also uploaded via the form.