Photography Challenge - Week 52
21 December - 31 December
Are you looking for some photography ideas to test your skills and get your creativity flowing? We’ve got 52 weeks of photography challenges to help inspire you. If you’ve missed any of the previous challenges, you can view them all here.
This week's challenge is...
If you’re ever shot close-up images or macro photography, you’ll know that it can be a challenge to get the entire subject sharp, even when working at very small apertures. One of the best ways to overcome this is to use a technique called focus stacking.
Focus stacking simply refers to the process of taking a series of images, each with a different focus point, and blending them together in Photoshop. This technique is particularly useful when shooting macro subjects and can be used when photographing anything from landscapes to products (as long as the subject is stationary).
This week’s challenge is the ideal opportunity to try your hand at this and perfect this incredibly useful technique.
We have a number of classes on the site that cover this technique, which we’ve included below.
- Please rename your image file using your first and last name (e.g. Karl Taylor.jpg).
- Only images uploaded using the form below will appear in the gallery.
- Please upload no more than one image.
- Uploaded images should be 3000px on the longest side.
- Images can be posted in our members' Facebook group, but will not appear in the gallery unless also uploaded via the form.