Photography Challenge - Week 34
19 August - 25 August
Are you looking for some photography ideas to test your skills and get your creativity flowing? We’ve got 52 weeks of photography challenges to help inspire you – view the full list of challenges here.
This week's challenge is...
As I showed when I created two very different images of the same Chanel No. 5 perfume, there’s no shortage of options when it comes to making creative product photos of perfume bottles.
As you’ll see in many of our perfume product photography classes, we use various different types of backgrounds. From custom-made tiles to simple gloss acrylic or even water, the background you use can have a big impact on the shot.
Another way to get creative is to experiment with your angle of view. Although product photography generally utilises a low angle of view, many of my perfume images are shot from above. Why? Because it suited that particular shot. So play around and see what works best for your shot.
And finally, the lighting. Although perfume bottles aren’t the easiest of subjects, they are beautiful to light. They often have interesting shapes and little details that can make photographing them a real treat.
Below are just a few of the classes on Karl Taylor Education that may provide some inspiration for this week's challenge.
- Please rename your image file using your first and last name (e.g. Karl Taylor.jpg).
- Only images uploaded using the form below will appear in the gallery.
- Please upload no more than one image.
- Uploaded images should be 3000px on the longest side.
- Images can be posted in our members' Facebook group, but will not appear in the gallery unless also uploaded via the form.