Photography Challenge - Week 47
19 November - 25 November
Are you looking for some photography ideas to test your skills and get your creativity flowing? We’ve got 52 weeks of photography challenges to help inspire you. You can view the full list of challenges here.
This week's challenge is...
Textures and patterns are all around us — in our homes, in nature, in the food we eat, and the products we use.
They can also be both natural and man-made, so if you can’t get out with your camera, look around for what you can find, or make, at home.
Lighting is key when it comes to revealing textures, so this week could be the perfect time to brush up on your lighting theory.
Composition and depth of field are also important considerations; think about what elements you can use to enhance the image and what aperture will work best. Take the time to think about what you’re shooting, what works, and what doesn't. This week might seem like it’s an ‘easy’ challenge, but don’t be fooled.
Below are a few classes that you might find useful for this week's challenge. And for more inspiration, check out the winners of our 'Patterns' competition!
- Please rename your image file using your first and last name (e.g. Karl Taylor.jpg).
- Only images uploaded using the form below will appear in the gallery.
- Please upload no more than one image.
- Uploaded images should be 3000px on the longest side.
- Images can be posted in our members' Facebook group, but will not appear in the gallery unless also uploaded via the form.