Photography Challenge - Week 32
6 August - 12 August
Photography challenges are the perfect opportunity to get outside your comfort zone and try something new. We’ve got 52 challenges to help give you some ideas and kickstart your creativity. You can view the full list of challenges here.
This week's challenge is...
Jewellery photography can be challenging, but when done right it can result in some stunning images.
Although it can be somewhat difficult to highlight important details or achieve sufficient depth of field when photographing tiny objects, this type of photography can also provide some great opportunities to experiment with creative backgrounds (you’ll see how you can easily design your own backgrounds and props using nothing more than paper card in our jewellery photography classes), try new lighting techniques, or refine important skills.
Whether you’re photographing watches, necklaces, rings or earrings, this week's challenge is the perfect opportunity to practice photographing these items and test your creativity. Think about the purpose of you image and what you want to say with it, what background you're going to use and why, and how you're going to light it.
Below are a couple of classes that may provide some creative ideas and useful information.
- Only images uploaded using the form below will appear in the gallery.
- Please rename your image file using your first and last name (e.g. Karl Taylor.jpg).
- Please upload no more than one image.
- Uploaded images should be 3000px on the longest side.
- Images can be posted in our members' Facebook group, but will not appear in the gallery unless also uploaded via the form.